GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated 24/02/2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at [repairproltd] (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Table of contents
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when [registering at the Sites or Apps,] expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites [(such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways)] or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “Social Logins” http://powersolutions.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/ .
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. [You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy [http://powersolutions.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/]].
[DN: FOR MOBILE OR FACEBOOK APPLICATION ONLY: facebook apps
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, and Facebook permissions when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s [Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage,] and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.]
- [Facebook Permissions. We by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference ]
Information collected from other Sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:[for marketing purposes]
- To facilitate account creation and logon process [with your Consent]. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed “Social Logins” for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications [for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual]. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders [for Contractual reasons]. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials [with your Consent]. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [INSERT CONTACT] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites [for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons]. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications [with your consent]. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual].
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm [for Legal Reasons]. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
· Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
· Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
· With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
· Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site [or App], such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site [and our App] in perpetuity. [If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.] Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
[FOR MOBILE APPLICATION ONLY: for uses of review marketing
· Offer Wall. Our Apps may display a third-party hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our mobile application and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will leave our mobile application. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account.]
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. [By using our implementation of the Google Maps APIs, you agree to allow us to gain access to information about you including personally identifiable information (such as usernames) and non-personally identifiable information (such as location). [We will be collecting the following information: ]
simple location estimated only
For a full list of what we use information for, please see the previous sections titled “Use of Your Information” and “Disclosure of Your Information.” [You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime.] [We use information about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.]
[The Maps APIs that we use store and access cookies and other information on your devices. If you are a user currently in the European Union, please take a look at our EU User Consent Policy, which can be found at this link: [link from question].]
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offers you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. [If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.]
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in [United Kingdon]. If you are accessing our Sites from outside [United Kingdom], please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Disclosure of Your Information” above), in [United Staes Of America ,United Kingdom] and other countries .
European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses: Such measures implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers, which require all such recipients to protect personal information that they process from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws.. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
In particular [COMPANY] complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, [Repairpro ltd] is committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.[Repairpro ltd is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, [Repairpro ltd ] is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. FTC. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site [and App]. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email@example.com].
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: [In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information.] You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
[In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below [http://powersolutions.org.uk/contact-us/ ]. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm] ]
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the [Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application], you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the [Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application]. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the [Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application], but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us [Our Privacy Officer] at [INSERT CONTACT EMAIL] or by post to:
[repairpro ltd ] [Kammy] [209 main street] [bellshill, ml4 1aj]
[If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, the “data controller” of your personal information is [repairpro ltd ]. [repairpro ltd , has appointed [kammy] to be its representative in the EEA. You can contact them directly regarding the processing of your information by repairpro ltd , by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at [email@example.com] or contact us by post at:
[repairpro ltd ] [Kammy] [209 main street] [bellshill, ml4 1aj]
The term RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ or ‘for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk’ refers to the owner of the company whose registered office is 209 main street,Bellshill,ml41aj. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our terms.
- The content of the pages of the website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without due notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on the website or in store is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our services meet your specific requirements.
- Our website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offences.
- Your use of our services and any dispute arising out of such use of them is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Repairs are carried out at the owners risk and for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk cannot be liable for any underlying faults that manifest itself as a result of a repair being carried out. All faults on the item must be made clear before repair commences as we will not be held responsible for item faults we are not told about at the time of booking in the repair. Once you agree to leave the device with us you are are agreeing to these conditions completely.
- Liquid damage repairs carry no warranty whatsoever and require payment up front, successful or not. certain liquid damaged devices appear to be working. This is due to corrosion on the components (resistors). When the components (resistors) are shorting together, the engineer cleans the board which may lead to the short circuit being removed
and may result in the handset no longer showing signs of life at all. Most device
manufacturers do not entertain any form of repair on liquid damaged handsets.
- The service and the materials are provided by for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk on an “as is” basis and for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the service or any materials and products.
In no event shall for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the service, the material parts and the products for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk takes no responsibility for the loss of any accessories left in/on the device when submitted for repair. This includes, but is not limited to, memory cards, sim cards or cases. Any 3rd party engagement of any device where void labels removed or devices inspected by a 3rd party, will indefinitely void any warranty and responsibility with “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk
- for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk services for any products or services purchased from for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk.
5.1 Any data or information that you may have stored on the Equipment shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data.
- We shall notify you when the Equipment has been repaired or is un-repairable and is available for collection. If you do not collect the Equipment within 60 days, we will dispose of the Equipment. Any sum obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair charges you are liable to pay and any remaining balance will be sent to you or will remain payable by you accordingly.
- for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk offers a warranty of 90 days with repairs, excluding, but exclusions not limited to, water damaged devices. The warranty does not, under any circumstances, cover devices that have been accidentally damaged or water damaged after the initial repair has been carried out. The warranty only covers the part that has been repaired initially. If the device has been damaged by you, you will not be covered by the 90 day warranty; however, devices may be repaired by for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk at the usual cost.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk unless and until for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered.
That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk of your offer to buy goods from for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk.
This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions and may be amended from time to time.
You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk will not pass on your personal details to any third party.
You undertake that all details you provide to for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
If there are any changes to the details supplied by you, it is your responsibility to inform for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk as soon as possible.
Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise, all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by contacting the relevant for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk , store by calling 01698 844098 during normal office hours. Any request to cancel a repair after processing is subject to a cancelation fee equal to that of the engineers time spent on the device.
This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk negligence or wilful default, or that of for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk is providing repair services and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, content, materials or products included in store including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website or in store is accurate, complete or current.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk website or any for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk services for any products or services purchased from for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
Refund and exchange Policy
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk has a legal and strict refund and exchange policy in place. This policy will be held up to the fullest extent of the law.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk is only obliged to fix or exchange goods if deemed to be faulty within the warranty period of 90 days. The goods must be accompanied by a valid receipt in order for the matter to be resolved.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk has no obligation to refund or exchange items that have not been found to be defective. for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk also has no obligation to refund or exchange any item that is not accompanied by a valid receipt.
Processing of orders.
Credit and Debit cards are debited upon completion of the repair from for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated. Shipping is charged on a weight basis, and can be altered at any time without notice.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk aim to repair and arrange collection or shipment of all completed items within 5 business days of receiving your order and device. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers and your order can take up to 60 days if we need to order a part in as most parts come from China where your device is made. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk is not able to supply dates as to when our suppliers may get an item in stock.
The period stated within which you can collect or receive your repair is approximate. Repairs sent by post will be sent to the address given by you in your order. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments.
From time to time, for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk may engage a 3rd party to fulfil orders, a contract for the sale of these products will be made between the 3rd party supplier and yourself.
Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. When for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk does so, for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk will mention the fact on our home page ( www.for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk .com ). All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
These terms and conditions shall apply when for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has received the device for repair. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent
misrepresentations) relating to your repair, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk and you relating to your purchase.
for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by for “RepairproLtd “ trading as Powersolutions & www.powersolutions.org.uk.
You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this fully.
If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the United Kingdom and will be held up to the fullest extent of the law.
usage of website policy extended
This website is operated by Repairpro ltd Limited (referred to as “Powersolutions/we/our/us”). As user of this website (referred to as “you/your”) you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make (“use/using”) is subject to our terms and conditions below (which includes any other important hyper-linked sections e.g.read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
- print a copy for future reference.
- also read our section regarding your personal information.
1.1 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website (see date at the top) and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
1.2 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website
1.3 When you use certain Powersolutions please read the additional information provided with regards to such services as this information will provide you with full details on how to use such services.
1.4 Certain website services will require registration and subsequent access to those services will be subject to an approved login name and password (“Password Details”). Information that you provide on this website must be accurate and complete. All Passwords Details are accepted and may be withdrawn at our sole discretion and are exclusive to you and non-transferable and must be treated as strictly confidential at all times. In the event that you have any concerns regarding your Password Details or become aware of any misuse then you must inform us immediately (see for more information and full contact details).
1.5 Certain products are the subject of a legally prescribed age restriction, determined by the british law. The classifications are 12, 15, and 18. The classification reflects the content of the video game or DVD (violence, language, sex, drug abuse etc). You are therefore required to confirm that you are over 18. We carry out further checks to verify your age with a registered credit reference agency and, if we are unable to verify you are over 18, we will cancel your order.
**2. Order process**
2.1 Please see the section for information on how to place an order. All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
2.2 The ‘confirmation’ stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Powersolutions.
2.3 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (please refer to
2.4 We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website, and therefore, please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for your own records. If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please
3.1 This website is only for delivery of products to customers in mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses and for smaller items we can now deliver to the Scottish Islands, Isle of Scilly & Isle of Man. Where goods are delivered directly by our suppliers delivery restrictions may apply to Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands. We cannot deliver to BFPO addresses, or the Republic of Ireland. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
3.2 Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in the delivery section and also when you place an order. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Powersolutions shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
3.3 Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered to you or are left with a person or place nominated by you. Our delivery driver may take a photograph of your address if you are not home to receive a delivery.
4.1 We take payment from your card or PayPal account at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card or PayPal details and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods. Additional Terms and Conditions for payments made by Paypal can be found at www.paypal.com (this link will open in a new window). (Powersolutions.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external websites.)
4.2 To ensure that your credit, debit, charge card or PayPal account is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
4.3 a) Online price errors. If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered or reserved, we will inform you as soon as possible (e.g. prior to the goods being despatched or in store prior to the collection of the goods). We will provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods you will receive a full refund.
- b) If you reserve a product and the price changes (due to normal fluctuations e.g. goods going into or coming out of promotion, but not a pricing error) before you collect the item, you may request to pay the lowest of i) the price on reservation or ii) the prevailing price in store at the time of collection. This will also apply if your reservation is extended but not if the reservation collection window has expired.
4.3.1 If, in our opinion, any person or persons, whether acting on behalf of themselves or a business, engages in practices that call into question the fair use of the check and reserve system, we reserve the right to cancel reservations and / or to restrict / block access to the check and reserve system for that person or persons. Examples of such activity may include placing significant numbers of reservations where the goods are not subsequently collected, placing significant numbers of reservations for the same product without them being subsequently collected and the selling of reservation confirmations. This list is not exhaustive.
4.4 Payment can be made by any method specified in . For information about secure online ordering see security
4.5 Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products
4.6 All prices are shown in £s sterling and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise for further details including Express delivery charges).
4.7 **The price of products can be changed more than once. By ‘original price’ we mean the original price displayed online on powersolutions.co.uk or in the most recent, printed version of the full Powersolutions website
**5. Returns, Cancellations and Substitutions**
5.1 We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, please refer to Some products are excluded from the Guarantee and are clearly marked by a † next to the product name. In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please refer to our section.
5.2 Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a similar alternative. We may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may therefore supply a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement or substitute you can return it in accordance with our 30-day money back guarantee. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges Regulations (see the returns and refunds page for further details
5.3 All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
**6. Intellectual Property**
6.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
6.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
**7. Liability and Indemnity**
7.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
7.2 Subject to Section 7.1 above, Powersolutions will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website Powersolutions will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and Powersolutions accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
7.3 Subject to Section 7.1 above, other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions with respect to specific products and except for the exclusive remedies set out at Section 5 above, any indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
7.4 Subject to Section 7.1 above, Powersolutions will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent on negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the terms and conditions for any:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- loss of privacy and loss of data; or
- special or indirect losses
- suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
7.5 Notwithstanding the above, subject to Section 7.1 Powersolutions’ aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) in respect of one incident or series of incidents attributable to the same clause.
7.6 This clause 7 does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
7.7 We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
**8. Miscellaneous Provisions**
8.1 The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
8.2 We have selected our products on the basis that they will be used for domestic use only, if you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by the appropriate insurance. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extend permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose. Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud). In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition.
8.3 Powersolutions shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
8.4 To provide increased value to our customers, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
8.5 You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party unless agreed upon in writing by Powersolutions.
8.6 Powersolutions reserves the right to transfer, assign, novate or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party.
8.7 If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
8.8 These terms and conditions do not create or confer any rights or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party (within the meaning of the U.K. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) except: a) repairpro ltd (as defined below) shall have the right to enforce any rights or benefits under these terms and conditions; b) repair pro ltd ,shall have the right to enforce and take the benefit of the rights or benefits of any limitation or exclusion or limitation of liability in these terms and conditions; c) a person who is a permitted successor or assignee under Section 8.8 above of the rights or benefits of these terms and conditions may enforce such rights or benefits. d) No consent from the persons referred to in Section 8.9 is required for the parties to vary or rescind these terms and conditions (whether or not in any way that varies or extinguishes rights or benefits in favour of such third parties).
8.9 No delay or failure by Powersolutions to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these terms and conditions will operate as a waiver of them nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Powersolutions.
8.10 These terms and conditions including the documents or other sources referred to in these terms and conditions supersede all prior representations understandings and agreements between you and Powersolutions relating to the use of this website (including the order of products) and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Powersolutions for your use of this website.